Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Community Alert




Detective Division – Area Five
Community Alert
Wanted for Deceptive Practice-Police
Impersonation
16th and 17th Districts (Jefferson Park and Albany Park)
About This Crime
In three separate instances, unknown offenders have knocked on the doors of
residences and when met by the homeowners, stated they were police officers or
undercover police officers. In all of the occurrences, the offenders were in
possession of police paraphernalia (i.e., gold badges, radios). On two occasions,
the offenders gained access to homes but later fled the scene in a large dark red
suv or a navy blue town & country van
*Incident locations and times listed below.
1. 4000 block of N. Harding on October 29, 2011 at approximately 6:00 pm.
2. 4900 block of N. Karlov on October 30, 2011 at approximately 5:04 pm.
3. 5000 block of W. Gunnison on October 30 at approximately 5:15 pm.
About The Offenders
The offenders are male Whites and/or Hispanics, 18-36 years of age, 5'07 - 6'03
tall, and 140 to 230 lbs. They were wearing baseball caps, zippered gray
sweatshirts or black hooded sweatshirts.
What You Can Do
Be aware of this situation and alert neighbors in the area about the crime.
Call 911 to report any suspicious person(s), vehicle(s) or activity in your
neighborhood.
Call 911 and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including the
vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information about this incident,
please call the Area 5 Detective Division
at (312) 746-8282.
Reference RD# HT567053, HT567063, HT565739
Alert #650-11-030
November 1, 2011

7 comments:

  1. I would immediately be suspicious if any cop from the 16th showed up at my door. I haven't seen a cop in a few years. I didn't think the city manned this part of town with cops. If and when you see a cop in the 16th send out an email blast with the date and time - so we can mark our calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see men fitting these descriptions riding up and down the alleys and streets all day long in vans, trucks. I have no idea what they are doing here and I have never once seen any of them pulled over by a cop. Its like everyone just accepts that these people drive up and down the blocks all day long. I think everyone should call on everyone of these vans, trucks. Lets find out who these people are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time I saw a cop was on tv driving Rahm around

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember the last time I saw a cop in the neighborhood. If someone showed up at the door saying they were a cop, I would know instantly they were fakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a frequent customer at Dunkin Donuts at Foster-Nagle-Higgins. It used to be that the full was full of cops, coming and going at all hours. Now I haven't seen any in months. Must be pretty bad if they can't stop in for their free donuts and coffee. The last time I saw an amount of cops was when they were driving around Ed Burke, former mayor Daley and his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So all we can hope for in this neighborhood is a fake cop? and a fake cop we disn't even call?

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least some cops are showing up in this neighborhood even if they're not real. Perhaps I can call them when I can't get ahold of a real one. Like the 10 times I've already called 311 and 911 to report my nieghbor on the 6600 block of west Foster who has had a front yard sale EVERY friday, saturday and sunday since June without a permit and selling smelly, stinky dangerous chemicals. Also called Alderman O'Connors office and they haven't done anything either.

    ReplyDelete